Choosing to make a difference each and every day can be a real-life revelation and actualization of your humanity in the making. Making a difference doesn’t need to be about the big things, the little things will do just fine. Actually, attending to the little things that concern another can build a bigger bond, trust and love between you. Thoreau pretty much summed up humanity’s entire relational project when he wrote that, “To affect the quality of the day is the highest of the arts”. So go ahead, make a big difference today by trying out one of these little things:
- Do a surprise check-in on someone to show them that they are remembered.
- Give a friend an unexpected “day-gift”.
- Have a coffee with someone and mindfully listen for the pulsations of their personhood.
- Ensure that someone you know is enabled to choose and act freely.
- Endeavor to be awe-filled.
- Feel and act gratefully.
- Lessen your daily “load”, so that you have the strength and endurance to carry a friend’s daily “load” for a while.
- Accept that another’s difference, can clarify your nature.
- Be prepared to give, forgive and let live.
- Help someone without them knowing it.
- Hold someone if they’re hurting.
- Seek to understand, before you seek to be understood.
Similar Calgary Psychologists News: